Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Transformation Tuesday!

Now that I am caught up with this blog as my check-ins are on Tuesdays, I have decided to call this weekly post "Transformation Tuesday!" This past week was a bit harder. It was an emotional one, which always makes dieting that much harder. I did however, find it easier to exercise intensely to vent the stress and frustration. As much as I hate to admit it, I did cheat once this week. It was after a particularly hard day, I ate past seven after a rehearsal. In my defense, I still tried to be a little healthy (just definitely not as healthy as I should have been).
 
Ben and I had both had downer days for various reasons, so we made a little trip to our local Wal-mart and got some yummy treats in hopes of feeling better (oh, you terrible comfort food!).  We filled our cart with the delicious Lloyd's BBQ pulled pork and hamburger buns (I actually still went for whole wheat, bad mood and all-go me!), crab salad with Ritz crackers (not so healthy), and then came the really bad ones-root beer, Oreos, and frozen crinkle cut fries...I know, I am terrible, and I felt that way after eating/drinking them too. I only had one sip of the root beer and it was so sweet it was disgusting to me! I only had three Oreos, and a few fries, but still...I felt awful! I got a headache (happens when your body has not had sugar or high carbs in ten days and then you try to have some), felt nauseous, gross, and even noticed I still did not feel good and had a hard time with my workouts the next day. Needless to say, it was not worth it, but it definitely helps me with my determination to stay true to my goals now that I know what cheating them does firsthand. It definitely helped me to curb those "naughty cravings" (as I call them) the rest of the week. Sigh* Live and learn, right? Even if the perfectionist in me absolutely hates not being perfect to begin with! :)
 
Although I cheated on my diet this week, I am happy to be able to report that I did not miss one workout all week, and I am proud of that!!!

My grade for myself this week-

Diet: (41.7%)
Exercise: (50%)
Total Grade: A- (91.7%)

This means that I missed one day of eating right all day long and sticking to my goals, but I did not miss any exercise all week. I am a work in progress, but am shooting for 100% next week! Keep your fingers crossed that I stay strong. Especially with those late and tiring rehearsals that can make a girl SO hungry! Should not be too hard after cheating and paying for it with not feeling well for a day this past week.

Weigh in-

Weight: I gained another pound. I really, really don't like this, but know it is common as you turn fat into muscle (hence the whole muscle weighs more than fat thing), before getting to the lean muscle you want, but let me tell you if that scale does not start going down soon, I am going to start get depressed. I know you should not let the scale govern your health, but lets face it. It is SO rewarding working your tail off and having it show on the scale. Am I right, ladies? Don't get me wrong...I am still very happy to be losing inches, looking/feeling better, and fitting more nicely in my clothes, but I just want some pounds to start falling off too. Is that too much too ask?


Measurements-

Neck: stayed the same as last week
Bust: stayed the same as last week
Waist: I lost 1.5 inches more
Stomach: I lost .5 inches
Hips: I lost .5 inches
Upper Arms: stayed the same as last week
Forearms: still the same
Thighs: I lost .5 inches
Calves: I lost .5 inches

Total inches lost: 3.5 inches! Still an improvement week (even with cheating and gaining a pound), so cheers to that!
 
 


1 comment:

  1. That is really so awesome! You're an inspiration to me. It's a great idea to post and be accountible for your diet and exercise. That would be really hard for me. You're doing a great job!

    ReplyDelete