Monday, April 21, 2014

Why Hello! Long Time No Anything (But That is About to Change)

Hey there! It got a little crazy staying on top of this blog (and my diet for that matter) with the play and the busy days and late nights that came with it (and not wanting to eat before the show, so waiting until after at like 10:30 p.m....yikes! I did always work out a little while after eating though). I am happy to report, however, that I stuck to my daily workout routine (and added to it with the activity level and dancing that being in a show brings), and three weeks ago, I added running to the mix (and I can honestly say I am beginning to LOVE it-if you know me, this is really saying something)! I will be posting my progress monthly rather than weekly and those posts will include before and after pictures. I will also be posting workout routines and meal plans that I find work and that I love. So stay tuned! Today, I would like to share my running schedule with you.
 
I am following a running plan that is supposed to build you into being able to run for a half and hour straight in 8 weeks. I am sure this sounds pretty easy to most you, but for me it started out as a real challenge and is quickly becoming a challenge I LOVE! I feel happier and more positive (especially with my sometimes frustrating toddler), and have noticed I get a lot more accomplished on the days that I run and that I have a lot more energy to do those said things. I have also noticed I crave healthier food, eat less in my portions, and drink a LOT more water. I am very happy with my results thus far. I can already see and feel a difference, and adding it to my interval training has been AMAZING with the two working together. I used to go with a bunch of lady friends in the neighborhood, but I am happy to say that Ben and I started going together a couple of weeks ago and really enjoy our time running together. We bring our son, Jayden and dog, Caleb along with us and it makes for a fun family outing, that  puts us all on a road to better health (although Jayden just enjoys the fresh air from the running stroller I just got, and love by the way). I always bring along my headphones to play my workout remix and I find it is a good way to detox emotionally and to just think and escape to my mind to sort things out and just think for a little "me time". My reward for finishing out a week strong is to buy one new song from I-tunes-it is the PERFECT motivation since I get to play my new song the following week as a reminder that I made it through the prior one. I visit with Ben for the walking and listen to music while I run. It really helps to motivate me. Okay enough on why I love it, and all the other random things I always tend to include. Without further adieu, my 8 week running schedule!
 
Week One:
Monday-Walk 2 min. Run 1 min. (7x)=21 min
Wednesday-Walk 2 min. Run 2 min. (6x)=24 min.
Friday-Walk 2 min. Run 3 min. (5x)=25 min.
 
Week Two:
Monday-Walk 1 min, Run 3 min. (7x)=28 min.
Wednesday-Walk 1 min. Run 4 min. (5x)=25 min.
Friday-Walk 1 min. Run 5 min. (5x)=30 min.
 
Week Three:
Monday-Walk 1 min. Run 6 min. (4x)=28 min.
Wednesday-Walk 1 min. Run 7 min. (4x)=32 min.
Friday-Walk 1 min. Run 8 min. (4x)=36 min.
 
Week Four:
Monday-Run 8 min. Walk 1 min. Run 9 min. Walk 1 min. (2x)=38 min.
Wednesday-Run 9 min. Walk 1 min. Run 9 min. Walk 1 min. (2x)=40 min.
Friday-Run 9 min.. Walk 1 min. Run 10 min. Walk I min. (2x)=42 min.
 
Week Five:
Monday-Run 10 min. Walk I min. Run 10 min. Walk 1 min. (2x)=44 min.
Wednesday-Run 10 min. Walk I min. Run 12 min. (1x)=23 min.
Friday-Run 12 min. Walk 1 min. Run 15 min. (1x)=28 min.
 
Week Six:
Monday-Run 15 min. Walk 1 min. Run 15 min. (1x)=31 min.
Wednesday-Run 15 min. Walk 1 min. Run 18 min. (1x)=34 min.
Friday-Run 18 min. Walk 1 min. Run 20 min.  (1x)=39 min.
 
Week Seven:
Monday-Run 10 min. Walk I min. Run 21 min.(1x)=32 min.
Wednesday-Run 10 min. Walk 1 min. Run 23 min. (1x)=34 min.
Friday-Run 10 min. Walk 1 min. Run 25 min. (1x)=36 min.
 
Week Eight:
Monday-Run 26 min (1x)=26 min.
Wednesday-Run 28 min (1x)=28 min.
Friday-Run 30 minutes (1x)=30 min.
 
 
 
 
 
Feel free to join me and tell me what you think!

No comments:

Post a Comment